Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sharing a Yummy Recipe

I have had so many people ask me for this delicious cookie recipe that I thought perhaps I would post it here to make it easier for everyone to get their hands on. So, feel free to print it out if you wish or share it if you like.


I do want to add that this is not one of my own original recipes. I found it in a magazine a long time ago and can no longer remember what magazine or even who to give credit to for this deliciousness! It was sooo long ago.

It is a recipe that I have made every Christmas since discovering it - no clue why I got in the habit of making them at this time of year only, maybe because pistachios are green or maybe because I found the recipe around this time way back when - but that really doesn't matter. It just seems to have become a tradition to make them at Christmas time and share the cookies and/or recipe with anyone who crosses my path at the time.

If you bake some, please let me know what you think! And if you do bake some, I know you will love them and not be able to eat just one so be sure to share some with family and friends because then you can't blame me for the extra pounds you gain by eating them all yourself! Enjoy!

Pistachio Chip Cookies

1 ¼ c butter or margarine, softened (I always use real butter for the best taste)
2 c packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
2 ½ c all-purpose flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ c old-fashioned oats
1 package (12 oz) vanilla chips
1 1/3 c chopped pistachios, divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Stir in chips and 1 cup of pistachios.

Shape into 1-in. balls (or drop by rounded teaspoonful, if you prefer not to roll them); place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet. Lightly press some of the remaining chopped pistachios into the top of each cookie ball.


Bake for 8-10 minutes (9 minutes usually works) or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for a couple minutes before removing to wire rack. These are especially delicious eaten just slightly cooled! Yum!    YIELD: approx. 9 dozen depending on how big you make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...