Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year + One Little Word

I know, I know! I'm a tad bit late wishing you all a Happy New Year and I really have no excuse except for being busy as usual. I even bought myself a planner this year (one of those cute ones from Heidi Swapp) so I could try to stay on track and stick with a plan but I've already forgotten to do some of the things I wrote in it as reminders. I'm pathetic for sure! But I will plug along and do my best.

I want to STRIVE, that's my One Little Word for this year, to STAY more organized, WORK my business more, BE active and exercise more regularly, EAT healthier, BE a better listener, LIVE more in the moment instead of thinking of what needs to be done next, get over my FEAR of taking long trips as I'd love to drive back to Illinois this year again to see my grandchildren and I just want to ENJOY my days more! Is that too much to ask? I don't think so!

It took me awhile to decide first whether I even wanted to participate in One Little Word again this year (my word for 2014 was PURGE, as some of you may remember) and second, what that word would or should be. STRIVE came to me a couple days ago and as soon as it hit me, I knew I was going to join in Ali's class again. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to do it this year but when STRIVE hit me, it hit me good and hard!

There are so many things I want to STRIVE for this year, some of which I noted above plus I'm sure I can think of many more, and I am looking forward to seeing where this word will take me in 2015. I love the fact that just one little word can have such an impact on my life and help me to live it more purposefully and with more enthusiasm. It gives me just one more reason to get my lazy bones out of bed every morning. Just the thought of knowing that it's a brand new day to experience no matter how mundane my life really is, gets me very excited and motivated to get up each morning with a purpose and a smile on my face!

If you'd like to participate in Ali's One Little Word project, it's not too late. Head over to her website and read all about it to see if it's something you may be interested in. It's not a huge endeavor, it won't take up a whole lot of your time and I promise you will truly enjoy it plus maybe even learn something new about yourself. What are you waiting for? Give it a try and see for yourself how fun and rewarding it can be!

Happy scramping!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...