Friday, January 16, 2015

Have I told you lately......

...how much I am enjoying my new Heidi Swapp planner? My goodness, I never thought I would have so much fun with a planner! We're only halfway through this month and I am adding so much to it that I'm afraid I'll run out of space even before I get all the way through January - and there are still 11 more months to go - but wow, am I ever having a lot of fun with it!

I thought I would share a few pages with you so you can see for yourself how much fun I'm having + to also give you some creative ideas you may not have thought of for use in your own planner, if you are using one this year. So here goes.....

This is my planner! HELLO! Isn't it gorgeous? I know gold seems to be the 'in' color right now in scrapbooking/memory keeping but I have always been a silver girl so this is just my style! And I absolutely love this shade of green.
Here's the first couple pages where I attached 2 photos of myself that I took on the very first day of the new year. I'm not excited about this planner and a whole new year, though! Ha! I know you know that's a lie! I have never been so excited to start a brand new year than I am this year. 

As some of you may recall, last year at this time, I was still very much grieving the loss of my beloved dad who passed away the day after Christmas 2013.  So needless to say, the first few months of 2014 pretty much sucked! 

This year, however, is a brand new year and although I still miss my dad so very much, the pain of his death has lessened and life does go on for those of us left behind so we must do what we can to be happy. This planner helps to make me happy! 
 I stamped some circles and words from one of the Ali Edwards Story Stamp kits on the right page and love how it looks! Although the page is a pretty color by itself, it was lacking something so I put my own spin on it to perk it up. Love it!
 Now here is what I really wanted to show you. Isn't this a cool idea? To add the currently card right inside of the planner? AND put it inside of a Close to my Heart flip flap to protect it + have more space to write when it's flipped? I LOVE this idea!
 Here's where the flip flap is flipped over. Pretty cool, huh? Note to self: remember to flip the card over before writing on the back so the words will be upright when the flap is flipped. AND just look at those cute even littler 2x2 flip flaps? They are perfect for - you guessed it - 2x2 photos!
 Here's another way to incorporate a currently list in your planner: connect two attach-me tabs (from Basic Grey) to the side of a 3x4 card AFTER writing your words and making sure to line up the holes. Pretty cool, huh? I stamped the word currently at the top of this 3x4 card and the word watching as a prompt for my writing.
 Here's another peek inside my planner showing a couple of the inserts that come with taking the Capture 30 class with Heidi Swapp over at Big Picture Classes.
 Another currently card attached inside my planner. This 3x4 card was plain until I stamped it with some of the images from the currently stamp set by Kristin Tweedale over at rukristin.com. See the full stamp set below.
Here are 2 stamp sets that coordinate with the Heidi Swapp planner. I LOVE these stamps and plan to use them in my planner throughout the year.
 And here's the currently stamp set. Isn't it cool? You can totally stamp every one of the prompt words if you want or just stamp one or even two to write about as I did in the cards shown earlier in this post.

So that concludes my post about all the fun I'm having with my new planner and how I coordinate my currently cards inside it. If you are using a planner this year, I'd love to see what creative elements you are adding to yours. If you'd like to get your hands on a set of these awesome currently stamps, head on over to Kristin's shop.

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy planning and happy scramping!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...