Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Getting My Messy On - Part 2

Hey everyone! Since my last post I have been playing more with inks, paints, stencils and stamps in many different ways and wanted to share some of my artwork with you again.
Using the same free printable for the Get Messy Art Journal challenge printed in a smaller format than the one in my last post, I stamped and inked and embellished to my heart's content and made it into the cover of my art journal. I LOVE it!

Here is a page that I created using one of the free prompts before the actual Get Messy challenge began on February 5th. The prompt was to choose a word that summed up this past year and use a page from a magazine as the background for your word. Well, I used a page from a book, not a magazine, but that's okay as there really are no set rules except to be artsy and have fun!
Had fun with these 'before' pages. Love these distressed paint colors from Tim Holtz - tumbled glass, broken china & bundled sage. I also used a couple of his stencils on these pages. The heart mask is an old one from Heidi Swapp.
Same pages as above - sorry the lighting is bad on this one - 'after' adding some journaling. I kind of followed challenge #2 of the Get Messy Love prompts but in my own way. I really struggle with finding the right words when I want them + I change my mind all the time about what I want to say so the journaling part of 'art journaling' is the toughest part for me. I really LOVE how this turned out though.
A couple more pages made while playing with some masks that I created with the Close to my Heart Cricut Artbooking cartridge and my Cricut machine. Not sure what to write on these yet but eventually it'll come to me.
I really, really LOVE these 2 pages! Like so many other artsy people out there, I am in LOVE with gold & silver inks, paints & papers. How can you not LOVE the shimmer & shine of silver & gold? They are both gorgeous in my opinion. 
Last but not least, here's a couple pages from my 6 x 8 handbook album from Studio Calico. I have a 12 x 12 album from Close to my Heart that I mostly use for my everyday life photos but sometimes I have extra photos left over that never found their way into that larger album or to one of the many scrapbook pages I create so this is their home. It just doesn't seem right to throw them away.

As you can see on these pages, I got messy and created my own 4 x 6 title/journaling cards using inks and paints. I even cut one of them into 2 x 2 squares to fit into the page protector on the left side along with my smaller photos. I LOVE how they add my own special touch to the pages as opposed to the mass produced cards I have a ton of - like the ones on the right page below. Don't get me wrong, I like those mass-produced cards for the most part but when you can create your own - well, that's just awesome!


Many of the stamps and inks I create with are from Close to my Heart. If you would like to check them out closer or have never seen any of the wonderful products that they offer, click here and enjoy!

Well, that's all for today folks! Sure hope you have enjoyed my artwork and that maybe I inspired you to get messy, too! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

~Carol



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...