Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Getting My Messy On

Hey everyone! I am so excited about some new creative endeavors on the horizon for me! I have been dabbling a bit in art journaling recently and really don't have much confidence in my ability to produce awesome mixed media type artwork so I have joined in on the #getmessyartjournal challenge. Yea! It starts February 5th so if you'd like to join in and learn some great techniques for your own art journaling, go here to register. It's FREE! AND you can download this really cool project - also FREE - to play with before the challenge starts. Well, it won't look exactly like this because this is how I got messy with mine but yours will just say the LET'S GET MESSY part.


As if that class isn't enough, I have also signed up for the Color Theory class over at Studio Calico! Yep! I'm a crazy, crafty lady who's just a bit obsessed with playing with inks, stamps, stencils and paints!! I can never do just one class at a time - I must do at least two, sometimes more! Now I don't have any of the Color Theory paints but I imagine any paint will do the same thing and I have plenty of other brands. This class doesn't start until March 3rd I believe but if you sign up real soon you'll receive a bonus kit for FREE while supplies last so don't hesitate if this is something you're interested in.

While I'm at it, I might as well share some other recent projects with you since I forget to do it as soon as I'm done creating them. I'm so bad about that! Hope you enjoy my artwork and get inspired to create some of your own.

Here's a few tags I made while trying out some new techniques. As you can see I used stencils, inks, stamps and paints - my favorite things to play with lately!

Here's a layout I made during the Start Fresh event over at Simple Scrapper last month. This pretty much sums up my 'why' for being involved in the awesome hobby of scrapbooking that I love so much! As the title states, I am an insanely obsessed keeper of memories and it is oh so true!

And another layout of my one & only grandson - isn't he too stinkin' cute? - using a sketch from Simple Scrapper. The papers which are no longer available are from Close to my Heart and the stamps are from Ali Edwards' Story Stamps and Heidi Swapp's Hello Beautiful collection. 

I used the Heartstrings papers from Close to my Heart for this layout. If you really like these papers, you need to get over to my website to get them before they're gone as they're only available until the end of March. I also used some stamps and products from Ali Edwards' Story Stamp kit. 

Ok, I guess that's it for today. I don't want to overload you so I'll leave you for now. Thanks for stopping by! Have a scrampin' good day!

~Carol




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...