Saturday, March 7, 2015

Getting My Messy On Week 4

I know, I'm late again, aren't I? I just can't seem to get it together lately. I have so many different projects going on that I'm getting confused. Agh! Anyway, here's what I created for week 4 of the get messy art journal challenge.
Okay so this turned out a bit darker than I'd hoped but I really do like it. The words were free cut files through the Color Theory class I am taking over at Studio Calico. I cut them out with my Cricut Explore which is one awesome machine, I'm sure, once I get the hang of it. It has a huge learning curve as it's quite different from a Cricut Expression machine and I just haven't taken the time to learn much about it yet but eventually......

I wanted to use a couple small photos (these weren't my first choice) of 2 of my granddaughters being crafty - I love that they are creative like their grandma - and since the gel medium ruined the first 2 photos I wanted to use (lesson learned-do not swipe gel medium over top of photos), I went with these 2 which worked out just fine anyway. I attached the photos with staples since the gel medium ruined the first photos and I really didn't want to take a chance on ruining these as well.

I'm not 100% jump up & down happy with this project but it'll do. I followed the Love Prompts Set 4 Challenge #4 which says to use cut up strips of magazines, photos or papers, etc to create a shape or background. I used cut up pieces of paper, glued them down then painted and stenciled over top of them for my background. Kind of dark but not too bad. I'm still learning this art journaling stuff so bear with me.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a 'messy' day!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...