Saturday, August 22, 2015

Thursday | Week in the Life 2015

It's hard to believe this week of documenting my (somewhat boring) everyday life is just past the halfway mark! I am enjoying this project immensely right now as it seriously makes me stop & really look at my surroundings even more than usual. I already do take many, many photos as I absolutely love the art of photography - since the age of 8, in fact - and capturing all the goodness of life - but this project really makes me focus on all the little things in my regular every day life. So without further ado, here's my photos from day 4 - a day late and a dollar short....
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | taking care of last night's dinner dishes while waiting for my coffee to finish brewing.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | enjoying the Turtleheads that are blooming again this year. My friend Becky gave these to me a few years ago and they keep coming back beautifully every year. I totally love them!
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | picking some jalapenos! I noticed some pretty funky-looking conjoined ones. I've never seen so many like that on one plant.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | picking this one lone long red hot pepper. I don't eat these but the husband loves them!
 TODAY IS A DAY FOR | enjoying these gorgeous petunias! They are amazing this year!
 TODAY IS A DAY FOR | the birds! And man, did we enjoy some birds today! In the span of just 5 minutes, I saw Cardinals, Goldfinches, House Finches, Bluebirds, Catbirds, Hummingbirds, Downy Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and even a Tufted Titmouse. But then again, that's actually normal for us to see this many birds as we offer them food, water and shelter year-round. As I said before, we take care very good care of our birds so they'll keep coming back to entertain us! Love all these birds! Especially the baby Bluebirds. Isn't this little guy cute? His mom was close by keeping an eye on him while he learned to drink and bathe at the bird bath.
 Come here often?
Such a pretty bird!
 Here's mama Bluebird keeping watch.
 Hope you're not tired of seeing our birds!
And here's the very loud and obnoxious Catbird visiting with one of our many Goldfinches. Wondering what they're thinking.....
 TODAY IS A DAY FOR | spotting these red leaves way at the top of our Japanese Red Maple tree. And all this before breakfast!!!
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | oatmeal, scrambled eggs and oatmeal toast with peanut butter.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | trying to decide what to do with those jalapenos and that one lone red hot pepper.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | some much-needed rain for the lawn and gardens.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | trying a new snack bar and thinking it's pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of snacking between meals but from time to time I get an urge for something small so I try to make it somewhat nutritious.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | a bored, tired pup who didn't go outside much today due to the rain so she's ready for bed now.
 TODAY IS A DAY FOR | going up to bed a bit earlier than usual.
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | checking to see just how much rain we got today before heading up to bed. Looks like we received 1.20 inches. Wow, more than I thought but that's good for the gardens!
TODAY IS A DAY FOR | reading a book in bed while pup sleeps beside me. Goodnight!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...