Thursday, September 17, 2015

Getting Messy Again!

I took a bit of a break from the Get Messy challenges - actually quite a long break after checking back to see which ones I'd skipped - and really missed it so I am very excited to get back to it! The next season - the Season of Words - started today and runs till the end of October and I am ready!

I think when I heard that we were going to complete the challenges inside of an altered book, I really got excited!! I have never altered a book before and since it's something I've always wanted to do, I jumped right on it and started searching through my books to see what would work.

Well, I don't own many hardcover books and those I do I didn't want to alter. So I had to look through the paperback books on the bookshelves in our basement and was able to find an old book that my children left behind when they moved out. It's some kind of prequel to a certain very old video game that they no longer play and probably doesn't even exist anymore so I don't think they'll miss it! It's just perfect for this challenge!

I had a couple sheets of deli paper prints from playing with my Gelli plate recently that I thought would work good for covering my book so I adhered them with mod podge to the front and back of the book. I then mod podged a piece of newspaper that also had been printed with my Gelli plate to the front cover then added a bit of gesso over it to give me some white space for stamping the book title "Season of Words" and the dates. The leaves were left over from an earlier project and I thought they'd be perfect to add to the cover as it will be Fall any day now. Black lines drawn with a FudeBall pen around the edges of the book finished it off and I am ready! Bring it on!

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be so excited about this because I almost always never finish these challenges. Something always gets in the way and I don't get very far before having to drop behind. I am hoping to stick to it this time though and will give it my best shot! Wish me luck!

If you'd like to join in, head on over here to sign up. It's not too late! The first prompts don't come out till September 23rd but you may want to check out the blog beforehand so you can be ready.

Get messy and have a great day!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...