Thursday, October 8, 2015

More Art Journaling Fun

Let me first say that I am no expert at the art form of art journaling but I am having tons of fun playing and learning as I go. Playing with inks and paints and watercolors and stamps and everything messy takes me back to my childhood.

I remember those days when I looked forward to art class although at that time I never thought I was any good at this artsy stuff. I just knew it was lots of fun! And maybe I'm still not any good but I'm sure having fun and that's what it's all about! So without further ado, here's my next 2 art journal pages for the Fall in Love with Art Journaling Art Challenge.

 Prompt #2 | Flattering Fabric.

I am very happy with how this turned out. The whole page feels like fabric and it's so cool! I keep picking it up and feeling it - it's just so cool! I covered the page with strips of muslin then glued more smaller strips crosswise here & there. I gessoed over top then just started stenciling with various paints and inks. I used Ferro gold and modeling paste through some of the stencils for a different effect.

I freehand cut 3 hearts out of the muslin fabric, painted them with a small amount of pink paint then tried to emboss them with gold embossing powder which didn't work so I brushed as much of it off as I could and let it go. I'm happy with the overall result.

Prompt #3 | Irresistible

I started out using gel medium through several Stencil Girl stencils to get the designs around the edges of my page then added the flowers with a Joggles stencil in the same manner. I then painted the page yellow, added a bit of Dylusions Postbox Red spray on the left side and didn't like it so I covered it with some Dylusions Turquoise spray with a baby wipe and love the effect!

Now what to do next? I'm not sure so it's going to sit while I ponder that thought. I'm open for suggestions! After all, I'm surely no expert at art journaling and welcome any & all suggestions. Be nice though! ;)

Hope you've enjoyed my pages! If you'd like to join in this fun challenge, click here to read all the details or to sign up. It's not too late!

Have an artsy day!

~Carol


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...