Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I am so excited!

A recent piece of my artwork was actually shared on Instagram by Stencil Girl Products*! Wow! Isn't that cool? I used several Stencil Girl stencils on my piece - some by Julie Snidle and some by Mary Beth Shaw. I had so much fun with this project but wasn't quite sure it was good enough to share until after staring at it for awhile and realizing that it was actually beginning to grow on me! Then I figured, what the heck!

The colors, the texture, the patterns created by the strips and the various stencils used all come together for a very pleasing experience to the eye. Well, at least I think so! ;) The quote was a perfect finish, too! I'm thinking of framing this and hanging it in my craft room for inspiration.
Have you dabbled in art journaling yet? Or maybe mixed media? If you haven't, you really should give it a try. It is so much fun and so very therapeutic for what ails you! Grab some mixed media paper, paints, stencils, paper scraps and pens and start playing! There's no right or wrong way, just have fun!

Join the Stencil Girl monthly stencil club for just $25. As a member of the club, you receive a 20% discount on any additional stencils you purchase.

I'm also getting excited about an upcoming opportunity for me but you're going to have to wait a few more days before I can tell you as I want to be sure it comes through. So stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a crafty good day!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...