Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Color is Love

Hi all! I recently received some new stencils from Stencil Girl Products and enclosed in the envelope was a card (they always include a card that always has a nice artsy quote on it) that I absolutely loved so I added it to an art journal page that I had started a few days ago. The colors were just perfect for my page! I was so excited when I saw the card that I knew I had to use it on my page along with the new stencils, too, of course! So here is what I created.

The background is a piece of Gelli printed deli paper that I made quite some time ago and wanted to use up and when I saw the card matched it so perfectly, it was a win-win in my book! I added a bit more color with the new stencils then used a homemade heart stencil and a black pen to trace around the inside of the various size hearts.
To attach the card so it would flip out to reveal journaling underneath, I used an opaque white washi tape strip. I then ran a black ink pad around the edges of the page and the card and called it done. Love how it turned out!

In case you can't read the quote on the card here is what it says:
In our life there is a single color,
as on an artist's palette,
which provides the meaning of life and art.
The color is love.
~Marc Chagall

Thanks for stopping by! Have an artsy day!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...