Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Watercolor Background Scrapbook Layout

I am so in love with this layout! I love everything about it but especially the little people in it! What can I say? I have some of the cutest, bestest grandkids in the whole wide world! I just wish all my grands could be in the same place at the same time more often but I digress.....

I wanted to share this layout because of the awesome background, more than the awesome kiddies, and because of the awesome stamp set I used! Hmmm, I seem to be using the word 'awesome' a lot! But that's because the March stamp of the month set from Close To My Heart - Sunshine Birdies - is awesome and is only available till March 31st so I wanted to be sure to let you see what I created with it in case you'd like to get one for yourself.

And here's the layout I made. Didn't I tell you those kiddies were cute?
I made the background using the Z3146 Watercolor paper and Z3132 Watercolor paints from Close To My Heart. I wet my paper first then just started spreading the different colors on it overlapping each color to create blended colors. I let it dry then sprayed it with a bit of water and painted another layer on top just to achieve a darker background. I also painted another strip of watercolor paper in order to have a painted surface for some of the stamped images that I thought I might want to cut out. 

While both pieces were drying, I then decided where I wanted my stamping to go. I also wanted to use a new Stencil Girl stencil I'd just received because it was in a circular pattern and reminded me of the sun. I thought it would create a nice element on my page. My new Tim Holtz distress crayons worked great when I mixed two of the colors together with a bit of water then brushed them over the stencil. Totally cool effect! 

I already knew where I wanted to put my photos so the stamping had to work with their placement and took a bit of thought. I pulled out several favorite stamp sets along with the March stamp of the month set and began planning which ones to use and where I wanted them to go on the page. I started with the branches directly on the background then used one of the green watercolors to paint in the leaves.

All those birds in the March stamp set are so cute and I knew I definitely wanted to use every one of them on my page so I stamped them onto the extra piece of painted watercolor paper and cut them out. I did the same with the butterflies, cut them out then used 3D foam tape to pop them all off the page.
I then stamped several other images - fake washi tape, speech bubble, arrows - on the extra piece of painted paper and attached them to the page as well as some pretty little purple-ish gems.
Added the journaling lines and date stamp, which will be filled in once I have all the details from my daughter-in-law. A bit of black doodling lines around the photos and along the edges of the page finished the layout off nicely!

Here's the additional supplies I used:
D1647 Documenting Moments stamp set
D1648 Snapshot Memories stamp set
Z888 Staz On Black ink
Z1936 Purple Glitter Gems

I must apologize....I was going to link each of these products but, at this time the site seems to be having issues. Hopefully it'll be available soon if you'd like to check them out.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you've enjoyed my scrapbook layout today. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Happy scramping!

~Carol
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...